- Free version: No
- Ease of use: Great
- Customer support: Good
- Scanning options: Quick, deep scan
- Free version: No
- Ease of use: Great
- Customer support: Good
- Scanning options: Quick, deep scan
- Speed: Good
- OS: Windows / macOS
- File formats: HTML, CSV, VCF
- External storage device recovery: No
- Key features: Multiple recovery modes, lifetime plans, user-friendly, file-quality preservation
QUICK DATA RECOVERY
- Runs on multiple OS
- Multiple recovery modes
- Preservation of file-quality
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- No free version
- Recovers unnecessary files
Android 1 Year
iOS 1 Year
Have you ever lost data on your mobile device?
A friend of mine messaged me asking for help because he lost all the data in his smartphone and—the horror—he didn’t have a backup on the cloud.
His only choice was to seek a data recovery app to help him retrieve the missing files. Hours later, after researching multiple apps and reading a lot of reviews, PhoneRescue was deemed to be my friend’s best option.
Did it work?
Read on to find out!
What Is PhoneRescue?
PhoneRescue is a data recovery program that can retrieve files that have been deleted or lost on both Apple and Android devices.
The software has a simple interface and a slew of useful features. So, you no longer have to surrender your phone to a professional to recover your data—PhoneRescue can do it for you.
How Does PhoneRescue Work?
The application can recover data that has been lost inadvertently, or as a result of damage or misuse. It can salvage images, messages, notes, contacts, phone history, calendar, reminders, and data from third-party apps.
All you have to do is connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable, allow PhoneRescue to run a scan, select the files you want to recover, and voilá—you may now save whatever you’d like on your computer’s hard disk drive.
PhoneRescue has flexible, minimal system requirements and supports both PC and Mac. If you want to run the program on your computer, you just need 512 MB of RAM and at least 100 MB of free storage.
PhoneRescue reviews by end users tend to praise the app’s various features, which make it both useful and easy to use.
Let’s take a look at some of them:
Supported Devices and OS
PhoneRescue stands out for its compatibility with a wide range of devices. The software supports:
- Windows: Specifically, the Vista, 7, 8, and 10 versions
- Mac: From the macOS Big Sur to the OS X 10.8 version
- Android: Version 4 and above
- iPhone: Any iOS version, starting from version 5
Supported File Formats
The PhoneRescue recovery program is the only one that retrieves data from 31 types of files—such as images, videos, documents, contacts, messages, call logs, calendars, etc. You can easily recover these last three examples as HTML or text-based files; and your contacts, as CSV or VCF files.
We at Hosting Tribunal believe this amazing feature makes PhoneRescue one of 2021’s best data recovery software.
Does PhoneRescue recover deleted messages?
Yes, it does.
Once you’ve installed the app, you should allow PhoneRescue to run a scan so it can show you what data is available for recovery.
You have two options: a Deep or a Quick Scan.
If you run a Deep Scan, the PhoneRescue app will allow you to recover every file that you lost over a particular period—yes, including erased data. This is possible because when you delete something from your phone, it’s not instantly removed (unless you erase it permanently).
A Quick Scan, on the other hand, is faster and doesn’t require root. This is a more cursory examination that allows you to back up and arrange your existing data as you see fit.
PhoneRescue is a safe solution that will find your lost data promptly and without overwriting anything.
Using this software, you can retrieve different types of data, depending on your needs:
- Recovery from iOS devices: You can retrieve movies, photos, messages, notes, and basically whatever you need from your smartphone. All you need to do is connect it to your computer and proceed with the file recovery. It takes less than a minute.
- iCloud Recovery: Every day, iCloud stores your iPhone or iPad’s data, but you can’t access those files unless you do a full backup. PhoneRescue for iOS allows you to look at each piece of data, select what you want, and restore it to your iPhone or iPad.
- iOS Repair: This is one of my favorite aspects of the software. If your device has an iOS crash—that is, if it’s stuck on the white Apple logo or in a continual reboot loop or on a blank screen, you may use this function to revive it. Unlike a factory reset, PhoneRescue brings your iOS device back to life without deleting a single byte.
- Lock Screen Removal: Nothing is more frustrating than being locked out of your phone. However, using PhoneRescue for Android or iOS, you may dodge a factory reset. Whether it’s a password, fingerprint, or pattern, the program can circumvent it without changing or deleting anything in the process.
- Hidden Data Recovery: Your device has more data than you realize. PhoneRescue can scan every nook and cranny of your smartphone. Then you can preview all the files before retrieving them.
PhoneRescue is generally faster than other data recovery software, although its actual speed depends on your device and the volume of data you want to retrieve.
Some of the users who left PhoneRescue a review say that it took them up to 20-25 minutes to run a full scan on their iOS devices. However, it only took my friend a couple of minutes to recover data from his iPhone.
Ease of Use
Even the most powerful software in the world is useless if it’s too difficult for the average individual to understand.
We’ve all used apps like this before—they seemed great until we stumbled across the confusing, complex, or just bad-looking user interface.
This is (thankfully) not the case for the PhoneRescue app.
Its user interface is both beautiful and functional.
Even if you’re not tech-savvy, you won’t have any problem using the program in either Windows or Mac. All the options are easy to understand and you’ll get the hang of it in just a couple of minutes.
Although you can download the app and run a scan free of charge, you can’t retrieve any data without paying first. In other words, there’s no free version available.
So, how much does it cost? Let’s dive right into it.
These are the price plans for Android devices:
- 1 Year Plan/ $39.99: License to 5 devices and 1 PC, 1 year free upgrades, 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Lifetime Plan/ $55.99: License to 5 devices and 1 PC, lifetime free upgrades, 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Multi-User Plan/ $65.99: License to 10 devices and 1 PC, 1 year free upgrades, 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Business Plan: Its cost varies depending on your needs. However, all business plans offer one-on-one expert guidance, a 60-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 VIP support.
As for iOS, PhoneRescue offers customers two options:
- 1 Year Plan/ $49.99: License to 1 PC, free customer support 24/7, 1 year free upgrades.
- Lifetime Plan/ $59.99: License to 1 PC, free customer support 24/7, lifetime free upgrades.
As you see, PhoneRescue’s cost varies according to how you want to use the service and whether you want a personal or a commercial plan. The payment structure might seem a bit overwhelming, but so are its advantages.
The part I like best about the PhoneRescue plans is the 60-day money-back guarantee—which means that if you’re not satisfied with the product, you can easily get a refund.
PhoneRescue also offers some amazing discounts to new customers. For example, right now it’s offering about 25% off on both Android and iOS plans.
If you have any problems or queries regarding the program, you can check out the PhoneRescue product guide or the FAQ section on its website. If that doesn’t help, you can contact PhoneRescue’s customer service by filling out an online form.
The support team is always available to help you with your problem. PhoneRescue’s reviews confirm that they typically reply within less than 24 hours.
Based on my own experience, the response was super quick—I got a reply in just three hours.
I would’ve preferred to have multiple channels to get in touch with the support team (like a live chat or email, for example), but I’m very pleased with their response time.
PhoneRescue User Review
Honestly, it’s rare for a PhoneRescue review to be negative. The company boasts a 4.7 stars rating on its own website, with only 1% of the users giving the product one star.
The customers claim to be happy with the software’s capabilities, friendly interface, and customer support. The only complaint they seem to have is that there’s no free version available.
Similarly, most of PhoneRescue’s reviews on Reddit are positive.
Users have praised its flexibility, uncomplicated features, and exceptional results. Although they’ve also complained about the lack of free trials and the recovery of unnecessary data.
When to Use PhoneRescue
If you want to recover data from your smartphone, you could install PhoneRescue, perform a scan (free of charge), and see what it finds—chances are it can help you salvage what you need.
Yet, as one user review for PhoneRescue points out, the program does have some drawbacks. For example, when you do file recovery, the app retrieves unnecessary data as well.
There’s also the fact that there’s no free version available and that you can only get customer support by filling out an online form.
That being said, I’d give PhoneRescue a 4/5 rating because, despite its drawbacks, it’s still a pretty good software—it’s quick, easy to use, reasonably priced, and comes with excellent customer support.
There are different apps in the market that offer similar data recovery services.
Here’s a list of some PhoneRescue competitors and how they compare:
Stellar Data Recovery vs PhoneRescue
Stellar allows you to easily retrieve data from internal and external storage, laptops, desktops, and any other storage system, whereas PhoneRescue can only retrieve data from mobile devices.
Perhaps this is why Stellar is comparatively more expensive—its starting price is $49.99 and it goes up to $99.99.
EaseUS vs PhoneRescue
EaseUS recovers information from both Android and iOS devices (including data from iTunes and iCloud).
With this software, you can retrieve documents, SMS, music, contacts, notes, and voice memos from Android devices.
EaseUS supports CSV, HTML, and VCF file formats. Its price starts at $29.95 and goes all the way up to $399.00.
Tenorshare vs PhoneRescue
Tenorshare is another giant in the data recovery industry. Its software is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS—just like PhoneRescue. It allows you to retrieve data from your device, iCloud, iTunes, and third-party apps (like WhatsApp or WeChat).
However, Tenorshare only supports one file format (HTML). Its cost varies between $35.95 and $49.95.
Generally speaking, PhoneRescue is a safe, user-friendly, and efficient solution for recovering lost files from your devices.
Based on my experience with PhoneRescue, I feel confident saying that it’s a great app which I wholeheartedly recommend.
Yes, PhoneRescue is a trustworthy app that can help you retrieve your data and information easily and for a fair price.
PhoneRescue’s price depends on the type of smartphone you own. If you have an Android device, the price ranges from $39.99 to $65.99. If, however, you have an iOS device, the price varies between $49.99 and $59.99.
No, you don’t need iTunes to use PhoneRescue. But you can use PhoneRescue to retrieve lost data from iTunes.
It depends on your operating system but, generally, these are the steps that you need to follow if you want to use PhoneRescue for data recovery:
- Download PhoneRescue to your Windows or Mac.
- Plug in your mobile device using a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Select what type of file you want to retrieve.
- Choose whether you want a Quick or a Deep Scan (if you want the latter, you have to root your device).
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the scan.
- Select the files you want to recover.
- Click on the “recover” button.
It depends on the smartphone you have and how much data you want to recover. A Quick Scan on my OnePlus lasted only 1-2 minutes. But, for comparison, some of the users who wrote reviews for PhoneRescue, claimed it took them 20-25 minutes to recover their data and information.